Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Took a week off work starting Monday. Went up to Kennedy Meadows on Saturday. It is a remote area in the mountains between Kernville and Ridgecrest CA. Myself and some guys have been riding our motorcycles up there and camping out for 10 years now. There is no power, running water, gas, toilets, or tables, fire pits, or any "luxuries". There is just one little general store there for necessities. Not for everyone, but we enjoy it. This year was a little cold. We got rain almost every morning, or early morning. By 7 AM it had always stopped. But it remained partly cloudy and windy much of the time. It only hindered us a little bit. But at night, it was a little cool. Definitely needed to keep limbs and head under cover to stay warm. Came back Tuesday, and have been trying to catch up on bills, and other things that get postponed while on the road. I am getting ready to take the RV down to Camp Pendleton this weekend camping. This will be much more comfortable. Going with some of my family and should be a great time. I will get a call Friday telling me where I am going next week. I am assuming it will be another trip to WA, but you never know.I will keep you informed as much as I can. In the mean time, be good.

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment