Monday, June 20, 2011

Back in Arizona

Good morning everyone. Or those few that even check this blog anymore. :-) I sent a post a few days ago from my phone, but it never showed up. It was converted to a MMS message by my phone application and evidently, this site doesn't accept MMS messages. I have been trying to convert it, or copy it so I can post it here, but so far have not succeeded. I will try to get it posted in the next day or so. I think it is worth the effort. LOL.
Anyway, I am in Arizona today, after a week of driving to WA, into Canada for two days and then across WA to Wenatchee to pick up a load for Phoenix. I sort of explained al that in the post that won't appear. I went through Vegas on Sat, Sun and stopped in Wickenburg, AZ on Sunday to visit my friends Scott and Patti Colbath. We had a great visit yesterday, and Scott cooked up some extremely delicious Rib Eye steaks in his Big Green Egg smoker. What a meal!!!! It was so nice to have a good home cooked meal. Something I miss sorely on the road. I think I have mentioned before that good food is hard to find now. Most truck stops only have fast food, like Taco Bell, Subway, or Chesters Chicken. (don't ask) Anyway, stayed the night last night, got up and showered and am getting ready to head into Phoenix and make my delivery. What happens from there is a mystery, as always, but I am hoping to get to head home for a day or two. Looking forward to that.
I guess I should mention that I drove down from Central WA through Oregon, Idaho, skirted Utah into Nevada then down through Laughlin east into Arizona and eventually Wickenburg. There is just no good way to get here from there. That darn pesky Grand Canyon is in the way of a direct route. I pretty much followed State hwy 97 and 93 all the way down, with a little short cut here and there like hwy 6 and I think 318. I don't have the map here with me. I am on Scotts computer. Anyway, you sure don't want to break down out on those roads. There is some pretty desolate country there. Signs like next gas 79 miles and no services are not real encouragements. But some of it was quite pretty. I am still quite surprised at the amount of snow still on the mountains and hillsides. Even coming down through northern Nevada there was snow on the foothills. I think it must have been a heavy winter most everywhere and the cooler temperatures everywhere have slowed the melting. With the rivers and lakes full, it is probably a good thing. Anyway, I will try and get that other entry posted soon and get home too. Hope all is well with anyone still listening.

Take care,

Larry

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry...I'm still tracking your wrinkly old ass....I know what you mean about the fast food thing. I noticed that when I was running Charlie's truck back and forth. Both Love's and Pilot's seem to have turned over the food operation to the chains. Stuckey's still has a few places open if you're making a southwest run but a lot of them are completely boarded up. Even they have turned over a lot of the ones that are left to Dairy Queen for food service. That's what you want when your hungry...food made by someone who specialized in ice cream for 60 years!
    Some folks may be having the same issues that I have encountered trying to post comments on your Blog. It’s a crapshoot whether or not the post will stick! Sometimes they go off into oblivion, sometimes I get a redirect to the blog website to start my own blog and sometimes it makes my Google account puke on its shoes and sign itself out! I thought it might be the website itself but now I don’t think so. I switched over to Firefox and tried to post and it worked just fine. Now that I think about it…the issues only started after I loaded Explorer 9. So to everybody out there….if you can’t post from Internet Explorer, try using Firefox as your browser, way less heartburn involved! Keep the shiny side up Big Boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm here.... was it Florida last week.

    ReplyDelete