Monday, July 25, 2011

Hello again

I am still having difficulty posting from the road. I am supposed to be able to post from my phone, but I sent 4 posts, the last two weeks, and none of them have shown up. I don't know what is wrong, and support for this site is weak, at best. I am considering using another provider if I can find one that isn't too expensive and I can post from a mobile phone. Anyway, had a real intense trip last time out. I was gone, from July 8th until Thur the 21, but went to AZ at 3AM on the 22nd and didn't get home until 11:30 that night. I drove 5766 miles during that time. Into Canada twice, I picked up a trailer in Corning, CA on the 15th from another driver, who took my trailer I loaded in Wenatchee back south and I took his to BC. That was after my first delivery to BC, and a trip to Spokane, Yakima, and Wenatchee to deliver furniture for two days. Got some good and bad pictures of the Columbia River. I am still amazed by the breadth and length of that river. When I retire, I am going to do a tour of it, from it's source to where it flows into the Pacific. It is so large, it is breathtaking. I will post a couple of pictures of it. In one, there is a bridge going across it. If you look hard at that bridge you will see a semi-truck or two on it to give you a perspective of how large the river is. Came all the way from Spokane, down to I84 that runs west and follows the river through the Dalles, and to Portland. What a beautiful drive, if you have never been, I highly recommend it. Things are going well. I finally got the A/C fixed in the truck for good, and it is a true blessing. Especially on hot nights when you are trying to sleep. Before I got it fixed, I got bit up pretty badly by mosquitoes on one particularly hot evening when I left the windows open a crack. I don't know what kind of mosquitoes they were, but the bites filled with puss, got huge, and lasted for a week or more. I still have marks on my hands and legs where they were. Never had that happen before. I am finally an official employee, I received my application for health insurance and had to have it in by tomorrow. So, I passed my probation period and they want to keep me around. In fact, I told my dispatcher I had to have Aug 6 at home because my family is throwing a birthday party for me and some of our friends. Said they would kill me if I didn't show. She sent me a message told me not to worry that she would have me home, I am too valuable to the company to have me get killed. My dispatcher is always telling me thanks, and what a good job I'm doing. It is good to know that at least all the hard work and time away from Friends and Family is appreciated.
Well, it was nice being home for a weekend, although most of my friends and family were gone to Vegas. Went to a party at the Legion, that the Legion Riders threw Saturday night and had a real good time. It was good to see some of my Veteran Brothers cutting loose. Yesterday just lounged around recupping, and then had dinner with my sister Mickie and her husband Bill. I am leaving in an hour or so for another trip. I will try to post from the road, but don't expect much.

Take care my friends

Larry

1 comment:

  1. The Columbia River Gorge is SPECTACULAR, I've driven through parts of it (about 30 or 40 minutes from Portland & back). You are right it is such an amazing river! I'm so glad to hear you are official now! That's awesome. Sorry I couldn't make it to dinner on Sunday, I was at the O.C. Performing Arts Center watching Mary Poppins (soo good!)

    ReplyDelete